In the ninth World of Warcraft podcast episode, we cover patch 5.1, raiding pet peeves, broke players, and the week one update of our gold-making challenge.
The 5.1 Patch and All the Things!
- Is it too much content or is it not enough?
- THEY CHANGED THE ANGLERS TABBARD!!!!
Salty’s Raiding Pet Peeves
- Your computer doesn’t work (ie sound,mic etc…)
- Really… the 4 days prior to raid you NEVER tried to fix it??
- Call from Tackle
- Molsan’s Pet Peeves
Broke Players in the Game… Say it isn’t so!
- Call from Strumpet
- Using the auction house to sell, but not playing the market
- Is it ever okay to whisper someone about their undercutting? Do you get whispers about this? What do you do if you find people undercutting your stuff?
Gold-Making Challenge Week One Questionnaire
- What race did you choose and why?
- What professions did you choose and why?
- How did you earn your seed money?
- What market(s) are/will you focus on?
- What Auction House Goblin/PvP methods are/will you use?
What We’re Learning from the Gold-Making Challenge
- Reveal your first gold-making tip
- Since pets are account-bound, wild pets found in Alliance zones are worth capturing
- Focusing on specific markets are yielding better results
- Better configuration using TradeSkillMaster for use on all realms
Gold-Making Starter Tips
- Cold’s Gold Factory
- “I’d just sell caged pets from main account on new server for starter cash and go from there”
- Nev from Auction House Addict
- “Buy herbs from vendors and sell on the AH. Also: start fishing and vendor the trash.”
- Power Word: Gold
- “Fishing the Sealed Crates out of Debris Piles on Darkmoon Faire island when DMF is in town an selling the mats.”
Ret Paladin DPS
- Binky Sent Me Gear
- Shoulders, Gloves, and Bracers – PvP iLevel 450
- I tried to send him gold, but he returned it along with a giant axe
- Masterwork Spiritblade Decimator
Players that Make You want to Play
- Call from Jerome
Call from Jaminbee (ding Honored with Golden Lotus)
- Six new five-star reviews!
- Ahrag from Cenarion Circle: podcast is, “really fun to listen to and its clear to me that you guys actually play WOW.”
- Binky from Earthen Ring: “These guys must be mind readers. Their take on raiding (from episode 7) was awesome.”
- Duffus the Wrenchmonkey: “Love the podcast,” but wants to know if we like to watch Gladiator movies?”
- Juuno from Ctrl Alt Wow and Juuno’s Corner: “I could eat these two up!! They are witty, intelligent and entertaining; I learn something new during each podcast.”
- Landshark: An “enjoyable podcast” with “good gold making tips and jokes.” Likes to “run away from Sláinte when we have Jasper Chains o and by the way all the landsharks.”
- Jaminbee: “Like an old married couple, these two banter in the most delightful way about a game we all love and adore.”
Lil KT Contest
- RT Post and Follow to Win
Jade Owl Contest
- Donated by Rexor
- Clips of intro and outro music taken from “Urbana-Metronica (wooh-yeah mix)” by spinningmerkaba.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 413 BIT SALT or 413 248 7258
- Molsan Method: http://molsanmethod.com