Bitter and Salty – Episode 24 – Tanque el JefePosted by Bitter and Salty
In the twenty-fourth World of Warcraft podcast episode, we try and get organized with auction house workflow, we give out a tip for capturing wild pets, we explain how Google Translate helped win Mogu’shan Palace, we debut Trofie’s “Glory of the Hero,” we get a step closer to running Ulduar at level, and we find out what everyone’s least favorite class is.
Auction House Etiquette/Strat
- I want out of the Transmog business for good
- How do you successfully get out of a market completely?
- Would learning a third profession be okay? What if you could learn all of the professions?
Sláinte’s a n00b Tip
- Battle Pet capturing
- Use Turnup
- Will not drop health below 1 hp
- Storytime with Molsan
- Pally tank d/c mid-dungeon, mid-boss fight… a DPS dies, people go ape
- We can’t kick him until the loot is rolled on, 3 people drop
- We get a new tank, but he only speaks Spanish
- On last boss, Xin the Weaponmaster, tank keeps standing in the middle of the room, dragging the boss around from one bad spot to another
- People keep yelling at the tank that he’s standing in the AOE
- He starts shouting in Spanish CAPS
- I look up, “Please tank the boss back by the door” on Google Translate
- I put, “Por favor tanque del jefe de nuevo por la puerta” in chat, tank asks, “Aki?” which is “aqui,” I think? I reply, “si”
- Tank pulls Xin to the door… we WIN.
- Debut of Bitter and Salty “Glory of the Hero” by Trofie the Mage!
- 9 of 10 are Level 80… Grimm?????
#TWoWoW Week 3 – Least Favorite / Most Challenging Class to Play
- ALL PURE DPS CLASSES
- ROGUE CAN SUCK IT
- Mage – as a Warlock, the Mage feels underpowered and disappointing
- Rogue – power-leveled but still despises; bottom of the meters, hated stealthing, couldn’t stand daggers… deleted a week into MoP
- Warlock – green fire quest is serious business… Rogues too
- Warlock – purchasing grimoires for demons was irritating
- Druid – Horde Druids are ugly
- Falstad Wildhammer
- Paladin – Hammer, justice, and holy lights
@Lilulicious My least favorite class: Paladin. Hammers, seals, just too damn many buttons! Ack!
@leenovak16 Druid. Haven’t tried one in a while, but the feral forms, at least on the Horde side are so goof,y that I can’t stand it.
- Synnthetic from <Bitter and Salty> on Earthen Ring
It was a call from a good friend of mine that said “hey, me and the fellas are gonna run to the store at midnight and get World of Warcraft, you coming?” I replied, “I don’t know what the hell that is but sure”. I got the details in the car and I was told that I should be a tank because that is the easiest class to play. I was very new to games on the PC as he let me barrow his game Horizon and I just walked around and dug stuff up.
I got home and loaded the 4 discs and a couple hours later I’m in! I call my friend and say, “why the hell are we making alliance because the Horde look sweet”. I didn’t win that argument so my first toon was a Male NE Warrior spec’d as a meat shield! His name was Zofideous and holy hell did I spend waaaaaaaay to long in Darnasus getting lost in the caves. There is nothing like spending 2 hours trying to get out of a cave, die inside, and then have to try and get back to recover your body. After 5 server changes, a name change, and a haircut he’s now 70 and inactive.
Favorite Raid! Truly I only ever raided MC, BWL, and ONY-(if that counts) on a consistent basis and boy did we spend hours upon hours in MC. My favorite out of the 3 was MC. We had 2 tanks for MC (40), I was one and had zero clue what I was doing except saunder…saunder…saunder…taunt (repeat)! The two giants at the beginning had my heart racing the first couple of times in and you better not pull that extra fire lord dammit or you’ll wipe us! The teamwork that was needed for most of these fights was spectacular in my noob eyes.
There is this good feeling to have been around when Leroy Jenkins came out and the guy from the Ony fight…WHELPS…LEFT SIDE!
Keep up the good work
- Kanzaki from Earthen Ring
This question also goes back to the week 01 question. My first character was Jaundice, a warlock. I only got to 14 and then switched to Tricinosis, a hunter. Over 6 servers and 6 warlocks and 4 hunters later and I still can’t stand pet classes, especially locks. Odd knowing that I love playing my shadow priest.
Oh, and for favorite raids, Ulduar. Love the challenge, the bosses, and Tier 8 Priest gear!
Well, Keep up the great work.
- Medicakes from Epic Podcast
My least favorite class to play would probably have to be the hunter. Now before I have a bunch of present day hunters jump on me, my first toon ever was a hunter. I started her at the end of BC and had her to level 80 not long after Wrath came out. I just didn’t feel challenged enough and thought either I need to make another class, or I’m going to stop playing this game. I ended up making my priest, Medi and deleting my hunter. I tried to bring her back for Cataclysm and got her to 85, but so many things had changed (I mean really, they took away my precious Volley!) and I still could not get back into that hunter.
<3′s to Salty and Molsan
- Tydanis, Blood Elf DK on Earthen Ring US
Hey guys, hope everything is going great for you all. Here’s my submission for week number 3′s question:
Before I had a one of each class I suppose I had least favourites, but this was simply because I had not tried said class at all, and only had what I heard about them to go on. The ones that sticks out the most for me I suppose would be the warrior and rogue. I never touched either of these classes until Cataclysm actually. Simply because I either never got around to it or had heard bad things about them. But, as we all know, Cata gave us all kinds of time to pursue alts and the like, so I took advantage of it and became an altoholic I tried out the warrior and rogue and I fell in love with them, much the same as I had with every other class.
- Jellad – Aeire Peak – CTR
So I am lame and fell behind on listening to all the wow podcasts I listen to so I had to answer week’s 1 – 3 in one email
Week 2: Hands down, Kara
Love the show!
Pet Giveaway Reminder
- Send Us Your Favorite Battle Cry
- Mention us on Twitter @bitterandsalty with your favorite battle cry for a chance to win a Soul of the Aspects in-game pet!
Dings and Achievements
@Asyluun01 just got 60 exalted reputations now i am known as “the beloved” lol
@SpankingBArthur Klaxxi rep picking up farm rep veggies: “These will have to do. The Klaxii send their thanks. Though I don’t know why.”
- Clips of intro and outro music taken from “Urbana-Metronica (wooh-yeah mix)” by spinningmerkaba.