In the one hundred and third World of Warcraft podcast episode, we determine the exact moment that Legion goes live in the US and the EU, and plan for all the DDOS attacks, we announce the raid schedule for The Emerald Nightmare, and plan to get our mains and alts raid-ready on or before September 20th, we debate about the reliance on addons for raiding in Legion, and whether or not Blizzard should nerf boss encounters so we can play with Stock UI, we are embarrassed to admit that we use mouse wheels and macros to make gold and do DPS, and we tell you exactly where you should not eat when you’re at the Anaheim Convention Center this year for BlizzCon.
Legion Launch Time
- 12:01 AM Pacific is Legion launch time, EU is later in the afternoon
- Do you consider the Legion invasions “world quests”
- Leveling in invasions… dying just before getting the boss XP
Dungeon and Raid Schedule Released
- Tuesday, August 30–When Legion is live, dungeons will immediately be available on Normal and Heroic difficulties. Mythic dungeon difficulty will be available after the weekly dungeon reset time.
- Tuesday, September 20–The Emerald Nightmare Raid dungeon opens on Normal and Heroic difficulties. Mythic Keystones will begin dropping which will allow increased challenge and rewards from Mythic dungeons.
- Tuesday, September 27–Mythic difficulty for the Emerald Nightmare Raid dungeon opens. The first wing of Raid Finder difficulty for Emerald Nightmare opens.
- Tuesday, October 11–Raid Finder Wing 2 of Emerald Nightmare opens.
- Tuesday, October 25–Raid Finder Wing 3 of Emerald Nightmare opens.
The Race to 110 by September 20th
- Alt-mains vs. co-mains… Nobody wants to talk about it or admit that it happens
Gamescom interview with Ion Hazzikostas
- Artifacts and artifact power will be relevant throughout Legion
- 7.1 content discussion already coming in a few weeks
- Admitted that content is being coded against STOCK UI
AddOns can’t be used in raids
- Only breaking addons in competitive situations (dungeons and raids) other addons are not affected
- Should raid encounters be simple like Vanilla
- Should raid encounters rely on addons
- Challenge (How long can you play with STOCK UI)
Content Longevity and Relevance
- Investing in artifact power on a “main” and then they nerf you… rage quit?
- Keeping raids and content relevant longer
- What if you experience raids and content later in the game? Are you a lesser WoW player?
- What does it mean and why is WoW always down?
New Segment: Molsan is Embarrassed
- Mousewheel is back!
- For auctions and DPS
- If you use macros or a guide, does that make you a good or bad player
Salty Blizzcon Tip
- Do not eat from the food vendors inside the convention center
Additional clips of music taken from “Overwatch Soundtrack” by Blizzard Entertainment
Phone: 413 BIT SALT or 413 248 7258
Molsan Method: http://molsanmethod.net