In the twelfth World of Warcraft podcast episode, we start the new Dominance Offensive dailies and wonder at the mystery that is the Brawler’s Guild. We break down a simple method using Jewelcrafting and Alchemy to consistently make gold. We continue the Spirit of Harmony debate and share a mote of harmony farming spot. Totals for week four of our gold-making challenge are revealed. And we honor a fallen hero, Borgaz, and give thanks to the positive influence he left on our community.
Bitter and Salty is brought to you weekly by Molsan and Sláinte.
- While 5.1 only introduces two new factions, Operation: Shieldwall and Dominance Offensive, they’ve got a lot of content attached to them–World PvP, rare spawns, daily quests, and achievements.
- Krasarang Wilds
- Meet the Scout; automatically shows up as a quest when you are in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. From there, you complete The Might of the Warchief with Garrosh… or Varian if you are Alliance.
- More dailies
- Deadly cave of mobs!
- Inside the Lion’s Landing Quarry
- Rare NPCs
- There are three rare spawns Horde players can kill in Lion’s Landing that have a chance to drop trinkets and Brawler’s Guild Invitations, as well as many Lion’s Landing/Domination Point Commission. Killing all three rewards I’m In Your Base, Killing Your Dudes.
- Black Prince Rep
- Advances MoP storyline
Why do I need to get into Brawler’s Guild?
- Rep Grind?
- Brawler’s Guild invite is account wide
- Can get at BMAH, but auctions end at night
- Can get on regular AH, but avg. price is about 50% higher than BMAH
Borgaz was such a great man. I first met him when he joined our old raid team Floor Tanks in Wrath. He was this amazing hunter that completely tied our team together, always knew what to do, always had what you needed, and always always always gave the shirt off his back to anyone who asked for a spare button, and refused any compensation. We were shocked as a team when we found out he had only been playing the game for less than a year and had never raided when he joined the team, because he played like he’d played the game from day one.
We always got a huge chuckle out of the way he would often mispronounce the names of things in WoW. Those of us from that team still call Orgrimmar, “Orjimmer” 😛
Borgaz was with me for the final handful of group quests I needed in Wrath to get my Loremaster title. He spent a good hour with me going all over Icecrown to get it done, and was just thrilled that he got to be a part of me getting the achievement. To this day that night was one of my favorite times of the 7 years I’ve played this game.
Of anyone I’ve ever met in this game, Borgaz was to me the ultimate example of class and kindness. If there was ever a person in AIE who deserved to be Guildie of the Moment, it was him. I’m going to miss him greatly. I’m sending all my well-wishes, prayers, and love to his family. If they are anything like him, they are great, great people.
- Call from Plastic Duck from Kilrogg
- Wants to bring lots of characters to Earthen Ring
- “Now, we get a lot of these requests to join our guild… here’s how you can contact us.”
- Are we starting a raid team?
Email from Grizzleflotz
I’m a BC baby, new to the podcast community and your show is on my short list of favorites. You manage to provide excellent information whilst remaining topical and entertaining. It’s almost tempted me to join the Bitter and Salty guild. I’ve more than tripled my gold earning capacity since listening and I feel I’ve become a more savvy money manager, so thanks for that.
One question though: Though there are many items that fluctuate wildly in price throughout an expansion (mats, transmog items, etc.) are there any items that maintain a fairly stable value throughout and are therefore worth relying on for a consistent profit? There is a seller on my server who farms Scritch for the Hozen Peace Pipes and always lists them for 5k. I routinely snatch them up and list them for 8-10k and they have always sold–not immediately, but I’ve learned to be patient. Will the market be renewed with new factions, or did the commendations hurt the market irreparably? What about craftable pvp items and epics going forward? It seems like there is a steady influx of new players and alts leveling, even though the main “new expansion rush” is over.
Thanks again for the immensely entertaining show!
Jewelcrafting and Alchemy
- Taking lessons learned from gold-making challenge and simplifying my routines
- Transmute w/ Jewelcrafting + TSM = WIN
- Multiple layers for transmute procs using Golden Lotus
- Also looking at Cata gem market and Jasper Ring (level 79 twinks)
- Prospecting Pyrite Ore; cheaper and more available than Obsidium and Elementium
- Salty is SOOO meta
Spirit of Harmony: BoE vs. BoP vs. BoA
- @JetrixAdune Question: If Spirits/motes of Harmony become BOA. For you believe this will affect the mat market more then currently?
- Follow up: would you also anticipate a surge in the amount of crafted items whose patterns are bought with Spirits?
- Call from Plastic Duck from Kilrogg
- Happy Birthday Jeffery
- Cave in Kun Lai Summit
- Drink Potion of Luck… 18 Plundered Treasures in 20 minutes
- 83 motes of harmony from running the cave
- Location is Howling Wind Cavern
- Stolen Sprite Treasure… one of the “secret” items; at back of the cave, a chest that contains over 100 gold and around 200k experience
- Led here by the quest Cho’s Missive, as part of the Two Empires quest tree
Call from Strumpet
- Strumpet joins the gold-making challenge?
- Big score using the Undermine Journal
Gold-Making Challenge – Week 4
- Call from Jean
- Jean is dual-boxing and uses the addon Jamba
- Molsan predicts dates for Blizzcon 2013: October 18th and 19th. Here’s why.
@SpankingBArthur DING! 5th 90 – Shadow Priest, Fathercaster on Proudmoore.
Did a rep-run Molten Core last night & 2 of the new pets dropped. Are you guys doing any of the updated old world stuff?
@Juunoswow Woot! I made 2K gold in ONE week thanks to @bitterandsalty @SaltySlainte @Molsan Thanks guys!!
@Grozlok Ding 75 on Çhip!
@GrimmAIE Exalted with Golden Lotus and 30 factions. Dedicated to Borgaz.
New Google+ Community Page
- Clips of intro and outro music taken from “Urbana-Metronica (wooh-yeah mix)” by spinningmerkaba.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |