In the nineteenth World of Warcraft podcast episode, love is in the air and we’re hot for some love token grinding, we review the 5.2 valor point reset and Elder Charm changes, we explain the upcoming changes to Fishing and break down pool migrations, we reveal more Tiller tips, and we deliver breaking news that valor points actually won’t reset after all.
Love is in the Air!
- Lovely Charms
- “In 2012, the complicated Gift Collections being gathered and presented to the respective faction leaders received a complete overhaul. Players will instead be asked to create and turn in Lovely Charm Bracelets. These bracelets can be created by obtaining a Lovely Charm Collector’s Kit, which you can get from Kwee Q. Peddlefeet located near the Crown Chemical Co.’s camp, found outside of auction houses in each of the major cities.
- Once you have obtained this item, you will then be able to gather Lovely Charms from “worthwhile enemies”–any enemy you kill that is “honorable” (green or higher difficulty) has a chance to create a Lovely Charm. At this time, you must land the killing blow on the enemy in order to gain a charm. Combining 10 Lovely Charms will create a single Lovely Charm Bracelet, which, upon accepting a daily quest, can be turned in to the faction leader of your choice. You can turn in each of the four faction leader daily quests once per day.
- These bracelets provide a grindable source of Love Tokens, which is the currency for buying most of the items you will need for achievements, as well as 40 tokens for a permanent Peddlefeet.
- Repeatable daily quest awarding 5 Love Tokens per turn-in
- Source: http://www.wowhead.com/news=210480/2013-love-is-in-the-air-february-10-february-23-guide
- Farming All the Lovely Charms
- All the Love Tokens
- Swift Lovebird = 270 (270 Love Tokens / 5 per RDQ = 54 turn-ins; 54 bracelets = 540 Lovely Charms; claim is 25-30 CHARMS per minute… that can’t be right.)
- Truesilver Shafted Arrow = 40
- Romantic Picnic Basket = 10
The Valor/Justice Point System and 5.2 Changes…
- Valor/Justice and Conquest/Honor Resets
- “With 5.2 we won’t be changing current Valor items to cost Justice, but they will be much cheaper (discounts from 50-75% off their current costs). You’ll need to acquire Valor after the patch is released to buy pieces for their discounted rate, or to buy the new 5.2 Valor items, but we’re also introducing new items to spend your Justice on, including heirlooms and Pet Battle stones.”
- Elder/Lesser Charms
- “While Charms won’t be converted, Lesser Charms of Good Fortune will no longer be used to purchase Elder Charms in patch 5.2. Instead Lesser Charms will purchase Mogu Runes of Fate. They’ll be purchasable in the same way; once a week, 90 Lesser Charms can be converted to 3 Mogu Runes of Fate via a quest in your faction’s Shrine. Mogu Runes of Fate will be usable for bonus rolls on 5.2 raid and world bosses only. Elder Charms will continue to be used for bonus rolls on 5.0 raids and world bosses, and will now be acquired as item drops by killing enemies in the new 5.2 Thundering Isle outdoor zone.”
- Grimm fighting it out with Bashiok on Twitter
OH WAIT… THANKS, ZARHYM!
- After reading your feedback and locking ourselves in dim, florescent-lit rooms for much deliberation, we have decided that we are NOT going to convert Valor to Justice and Justice to gold when 5.2 ships.
- In addition, we’re making a change to ensure that there are some gear rewards available via the Kirin Tor Offensive and Sunreaver Onslaught, the two new factions with which players can earn reputation in 5.2 without raiding. The patch was shaping up to be a real challenge for players who don’t like raiding (including LFR), as our original design meant that no new Valor rewards would be available to them without needing to run Throne of Thunder. You can expect to see the Valor rewards on the Kirin Tor Offensive and Sunreaver Onslaught quartermasters updated on the 5.2 public test realms in the near future. These rewards are ilevel 496 and will only accommodate a few slots, as they aren’t intended to be very attractive to raiders (including those running LFR), but should give non-raiders something to shoot for in 5.2.
- Pool Migrations?
- Call from Strumpet
- Noob tip: Mount up and fly straight up to untangle vines
- Psyinster left a comment on episode 17 that included a great target tilled soil macro
Tracking Raw Level Mats
- GIO price up… so stay away!
- Crafting gear
- Sons of Hodir enchants
- New concerns??
- Always looking for alts to help out
- Monthly event for B&S guild?
Sláinte is Dual-Boxing
- SoR on myself
- @bitterandsalty 7th Alt to 90. 8th is 3 levels away. 3 pets to level 25 Spending time on lowbies waiting for patch 5.2.
- Question for show: Do you think crossrealm mailing of heirlooms is a possibility at some point soon?
- Oh, and Doombringer got me 500gold on AH
- OH! Just hit Exalted with Hydraxian Waterlords AND hit 55 exalted reps! No more Molten Core!
- Clips of intro and outro music taken from “Urbana-Metronica (wooh-yeah mix)” by spinningmerkaba.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 413 BIT SALT or 413 248 7258
- Molsan Method: http://molsanmethod.com