Bitter and Salty – Episode 111 – BlizzCon Release WhistlePosted by Bitter and Salty
In the one hundred and eleventh World of Warcraft podcast episode, we open up our BlizzCon goodie bags, and drink the kool-aid from our tenth anniversary steins, we rate and recap our BlizzCon experiences and predictions, we agree that quantity is quality when considering new WoW content and patch releases, we review all of the 7.1.5 and 7.2 announcements, and prepare ourselves for Garrisons in Legion, flying, more invasions, class mounts, and the continuation of our artifact quest line, and we explain our theory about the upcoming journey to where it all began: underwater questing.
- Goodie bag
No new expansion
- We’re working on one, of course
BlizzCon Predictions… How Did We Do?
- Winston from Overwatch announced as new hero for Heroes of the Storm
- I won’t let YOU ruin my fun… Khadgar
- People will wear their badges around all the time outside of the convention hall
- Some people are more exciting on Twitter than IRL
- Some people will be excited, some people will be jealous
- People will get in lines both too early and too late
- Diablo 25th anniversary video montage
- Warcraft Legion 7.2 announcement
- We will find out what Overwatch Sombrero means
- SaltySlainte will sleep in
- Varied patch structure
- A “minor” release is not a “patch” release but okay
- Quantity is quality
- Getting content to us quicker instead of one major change holding up the whole release
- Legion’s first “small” patch
- MoP Timewalking dungeons… example of “evergreen” content… content that can go in any patch but will be around forever
- Brawler’s Guild with dozens of new bosses
- Micro Holidays
- AQ Remembrance Day… Horde banner will fly for a year
- Volunteer Guard day… swap appearances with a guard
- Pepe-style hippogryphs
- Boat Day… Azeroth spring break
- PvP Changes Were Crazy
- Throwing stuff out there and see what works
- Class Updates
- Reworking talents… will they ever be able to balance?
- Secondary stats… buffing
- Traps coming back to Hunters. Great.
- REALLY SOON… Going on the PTR now
Patch 7.2 – TOMB OF SARGERAS
- Return to the site of our greatest failure
- All 12 classes = Armies of Legionfall
- New World Quests… Love WQs!
- Class-themed WQs
- “Build a Base, Create a Foothold”
- Sounds like.. GARRISONS!!!!1
- But wait, no, it’s like Isle of Quel’danas
- Nether Disruptor, Command Center, and, wait for it… a MAGE TOWER!
- Legion Assaults
- Just like the pre-legion invasions… yay?
- WQs will be disabled in the zone… so you can participate in other WQs
- Three-player scenarios!
- Flying? There’s no flying in Legion!
- Part two of Pathfinder… Salty was wrong
- All about outdoor content to unlock flying… no dungeons or raids required
- Unlocked for your character, and all characters on your account
- See? No alts… just characters
- Class Mounts
- Warlock and Paladin are stupid… But that DK mount!
- ToS Raid
- Harvesting the Pillars of Creation
- Kil’jaeden final boss
- Patch Dungeons Return
- Do you miss them?
- Artifact Changes
- Can play catch up in 7.1.5… Is this fine?
- Relics that unlock multiple trait bonuses… Awesome
- Continuation of the Artifact questline
- Solo content to unlock an additional appearance… YES!!
- Similar to Benediction, Green Fire, etc.
- Dungeon Stuffs
- Heroics and Mythics getting boosted (difficulty, rewards, etc.)
- Upper and Lower Kara split
- Attunement removed?
- 7.2 The End of Legion
- Except… We’re going to Argus
- Is this the most content you’ve ever seen from WoW in a short amount of time?
- Underwater Mounts
Additional clips of music taken from “Overwatch Soundtrack” by Blizzard Entertainment
Phone: 413 BIT SALT or 413 248 7258
Molsan Method: http://molsan.me