Bitter and Salty – Episode 3 – Smelling the Headless HorsemanPosted by Bitter and Salty
Welcome to Episode 3 of the World of Warcraft podcast, Bitter and Salty! In this episode, we discuss Hallow’s End, Pet Battles, AddOns, customizing your UI, getting distracted by achievements and other old world fun, and the race to 90 between Molsan and Sláinte.
Bitter and Salty is brought to you weekly by Molsan and Sláinte.
Hallow’s End is NEAR!
- When: October 18th – 31st
- Where: Azeroth, Outland, Northrend
- Learn More: Wowhead, Wowpedia
- Seasonal Boss: Headless Horseman
- Use the Dungeon Finder to participate in a high-level encounter against the Headless Horseman (your character must be at least level 89), granting a Loot-Filled Pumpkin containing special holiday loot as a daily reward.
Old World Fun / Achievements
- Currently doing Netherwing dailies
- Need achieves for Glory of the Hero
- Need to defeat Illidan for Black Temple
- Argent Tournament dailies w/o jousting
RACE TO 90!
- Phone call from Molsan
- Who will win, Molsan or Sláinte?
- Getting Heirlooms for your Monk
- Justice Points vs. Champion’s Seal vs. DMF Tickets
- Clarification on Strumpet’s question from E2 (re: how to identify pet tiers out in the wild)
- There are two types of “rare” pets: Quality vs. Spawn.
- Any pet that you can battle has a chance to be of “rare” quality.
- Check health of pets you can battle in a particular zone. If a pet has more than average, then chances are it is rare.
- AddOn called “Battle Pet – Quality Notifier”
- The quality / rarity of the wild pet
- If the pet species is an upgrade in quality (Upgrade)
- If you don’t have that species (Not Owned)
- World tooltips show what you currently have in journal when mouseover wild pets. This includes quality and level
- Additional AddOns if you can’t wait for patch 5.1
- PetJournal Enhanced
- Additional sorting and filtering options including filtering by current zone
- Similar to quality notifier but adds a tooltip to the pet icon while in-battle that tells you if you own the pet or not and also lists the quality of the pet
- PetJournal Enhanced
- Make this an app already and take my money
- Ghost Iron Dragonling – I need for all the alts!
- What are Cogwheel sockets and where do I get Cogwheels from?
- Best Addon and 2nd Best Secondary skills
Call from Patrice – ArkInventory
- I love redoing and tweaking my UI
- Random/addons vs. UI package
- How often do you change your UI?
- Windsong and Elemental Force Information
- Recent hotfix to both the Windsong and Elemental Force enchants to improve their performance.
- Windsong is a weapon enchant that will “sometimes increase your critical strike, haste, or mastery by 1,500 for 12 sec when dealing damage with spells and melee attacks. Requires a level 372 or higher item.”
- Blizzard community manager Daxxarri now claims that Windsong is now a useful enchant for all classes and specs (save Hunters who use scopes and Death Knights who use Runeforging) since it will trigger on all damage or healing, be it spell, melee, or ranged, and direct or periodic. Elemental Force will also trigger from all damage, so is useful for all damage dealers.
- To create the enchant, you’ll need 12 Spirit Dust (2.5g ea) and 1 Ethereal Shard (30g), a total of 60g.
- Currently selling for about 150g
Grats / Dings
- Clips of intro and outro music taken from “Urbana-Metronica (wooh-yeah mix)” by spinningmerkaba.