Bitter and Salty – Episode 9 – Two Broke HuntersPosted by Bitter and Salty
In the ninth World of Warcraft podcast episode, we cover patch 5.1, raiding pet peeves, broke players, and the week one update of our gold-making challenge.
The 5.1 Patch and All the Things!
- Is it too much content or is it not enough?
- THEY CHANGED THE ANGLERS TABBARD!!!!
Salty’s Raiding Pet Peeves
- Your computer doesn’t work (ie sound,mic etc…)
- Really… the 4 days prior to raid you NEVER tried to fix it??
- Call from Tackle
- Molsan’s Pet Peeves
Broke Players in the Game… Say it isn’t so!
- Call from Strumpet
- Using the auction house to sell, but not playing the market
- Is it ever okay to whisper someone about their undercutting? Do you get whispers about this? What do you do if you find people undercutting your stuff?
Gold-Making Challenge Week One Questionnaire
- What race did you choose and why?
- What professions did you choose and why?
- How did you earn your seed money?
- What market(s) are/will you focus on?
- What Auction House Goblin/PvP methods are/will you use?
What We’re Learning from the Gold-Making Challenge
- Reveal your first gold-making tip
- Since pets are account-bound, wild pets found in Alliance zones are worth capturing
- Focusing on specific markets are yielding better results
- Better configuration using TradeSkillMaster for use on all realms
Gold-Making Starter Tips
- Cold’s Gold Factory
- “I’d just sell caged pets from main account on new server for starter cash and go from there”
- Nev from Auction House Addict
- “Buy herbs from vendors and sell on the AH. Also: start fishing and vendor the trash.”
- Power Word: Gold
- “Fishing the Sealed Crates out of Debris Piles on Darkmoon Faire island when DMF is in town an selling the mats.”
Ret Paladin DPS
- Binky Sent Me Gear
- Shoulders, Gloves, and Bracers – PvP iLevel 450
- I tried to send him gold, but he returned it along with a giant axe
- Masterwork Spiritblade Decimator
Players that Make You want to Play
- Call from Jerome
Call from Jaminbee (ding Honored with Golden Lotus)
- Six new five-star reviews!
- Ahrag from Cenarion Circle: podcast is, “really fun to listen to and its clear to me that you guys actually play WOW.”
- Binky from Earthen Ring: “These guys must be mind readers. Their take on raiding (from episode 7) was awesome.”
- Duffus the Wrenchmonkey: “Love the podcast,” but wants to know if we like to watch Gladiator movies?”
- Juuno from Ctrl Alt Wow and Juuno’s Corner: “I could eat these two up!! They are witty, intelligent and entertaining; I learn something new during each podcast.”
- Landshark: An “enjoyable podcast” with “good gold making tips and jokes.” Likes to “run away from Sláinte when we have Jasper Chains o and by the way all the landsharks.”
- Jaminbee: “Like an old married couple, these two banter in the most delightful way about a game we all love and adore.”
Lil KT Contest
- RT Post and Follow to Win
Jade Owl Contest
- Donated by Rexor
- Clips of intro and outro music taken from “Urbana-Metronica (wooh-yeah mix)” by spinningmerkaba.