In the ninety-sixth World of Warcraft podcast episode, we deliver the spoiler-free review of Warcraft: The Beginning… and then spoil everything we can about the movie, we discuss our favorite and most disappointing characters, plot points that deviated from the lore, and tell Blizzard how they should have built their Warcraft cinematic universe, we analyze the opening weekend box office take, and speculate on whether or not it will be enough for sequels and spin-offs, and… we determine which faction won in the movie… The Horde? Or… The Alliance. Yes, of course, it was the Horde.
Review with Spoilers
That WoW Moment
Antonidas & The Council of Six and Floating Dalaran
- What in the World of Warcraft?!?
Shocking Plot Twist/Change
- What Lore
How Would You Have Introduced Non-WoW Fans to Warcraft?
- World Building
- Stories focused on few characters instead of many
- Themed trilogy films or standalone character movies
Box Office Report
- Warcraft: The Beginning opened in China last week, taking $156M in five days and topping box offices
- Warcraft is now on its way becoming the highest-grossing Hollywood film in China
- In the US, Warcraft is considered to have bombed, having opened to $24.4M
Will/Should There be sequels?
Characters We Want to See Next
Who won: Horde or Alliance?
How did it feel to be in the movie?
Blizzcon 2014 Recording
FOR THE ALLIANCE!
If the Movie Inspires us to play again… shouldn’t it be considered a success?
Molsan Can’t Get Out of the Garrison
NO MORE TRANSMOGG SALES
Where do you get Salty title
Clips of intro and outro music taken from “Urbana-Metronica (wooh-yeah mix)” by spinningmerkaba
Additional clips of music taken from “Robin Thicke – Blurred Lines ft. T.I. Pharrell ( INSTRUMENTAL )” by ADreamOfficial
Phone: 413 BIT SALT or 413 248 7258
Molsan Method: http://molsanmethod.com